Choosing a Guard
How do I choose the right thickness for a night guard?
You can choose the thickness on the order info card after receiving your impression kit.
- 1.3 mm: This thickness is suitable for individuals who experience light grinding. If you don't grind your teeth heavily and just need basic protection, this option should work well for you. It's also suitable for daytime use.
- 2.0 mm: A 2.0 mm thickness is ideal for individuals who have light to moderate teeth grinding. It provides a bit more durability and protection compared to the 1.3 mm option, making it suitable for a broader range of users.
- 3.0 mm: If you have heavy grinding habits, the 3.0 mm thickness is recommended. This thicker night guard offers superior protection and durability, making it great for those who grind their teeth extensively.
When ordering your night guard, consider your grinding intensity and choose the thickness that best matches your needs. It's important to select the right thickness to ensure your night guard effectively guards against teeth grinding and provides the necessary comfort.
Should I get an upper or lower guard?
- Start with Both: For individuals new to night guards, it's advisable to initially try both upper and lower guards to determine which one is more comfortable and effective.
- Preference for Upper Guards: Many people find upper guards to be less obtrusive and prefer them. A single night guard, either upper or lower, is generally sufficient for teeth grinding unless advised otherwise by a dentist.
- Considerations for Choosing Upper or Lower:
- Gag Reflex: If you have a severe gag reflex, a lower guard might be more comfortable and less likely to induce gagging.
- Braces or Retainers: Choose the arch without braces or a permanently cemented retainer, as the impression putty can't be applied to teeth with braces, and a night guard could interfere with a retainer.
- Dental Health Issues: If you have loose teeth, sores, or dental problems on a particular arch, it's recommended to use the night guard on the opposite arch to avoid exacerbating these issues.
What if I have missing molars or wisdom teeth?
If you have missing molars or wisdom teeth, you can still get a custom-fit night guard. When taking the impression of your teeth, be sure to capture the teeth that are present accurately.
How it Works
What are the steps involved in ordering a custom night guard?
1. Impression Kit: Upon placing your order, you will receive a comprehensive impression kit designed for easy home use. The kit includes:
- Six trays of varying sizes to suit your mouth comfortably: 2×Small (6), 2×Medium (4), and 2×Large (2).
- Two sets of high-quality putties (with one set serving as a spare).
- Detailed instructions card on how to make the perfect impression.
- An info card to assist you in selecting the appropriate thickness for your custom night guard material.
- A prepaid bubble mailer used to send your completed impressions back to us.
2. Impression Submission: Once you have prepared your dental impression, please utilize the provided prepaid bubble mailer to send it back to us at your earliest convenience.
3. Customization and Delivery: Our team of professional dental technicians will meticulously customize your night guard, utilizing the impression you provided. Your tailored night guard will then be dispatched directly from our laboratory to your home.
We are committed to ensuring the highest quality and comfort for your custom night guard. If you have any questions or concerns during the process, please don't hesitate to contact our support team for assistance by clicking the right down corner chatting button. Your dental health and satisfaction are our top priorities. You could get more detail from this link: https://shopkiry.com/pages/how-it-works
How to make the perfect impression?
- Prepare Your Teeth: Begin by thoroughly brushing and flossing your teeth. There's no need to use latex gloves for this process.
- Select the Right Tray: Choose a tray from the kit that comfortably accommodates all your teeth without touching the edges.
- Mix the Putty (Base and Catalyst): Quickly, within 45 seconds, mix and knead one "base" putty (green) and one "catalyst" putty (white) together until the color is uniformly blended.
- Shape the Putty: Within 15 seconds, roll the putty into a hotdog shape and place it onto your selected impression tray.
- Apply the Tray: Carefully center your teeth on the tray and firmly push it onto your teeth with even pressure. Hold it in place for 3 minutes or until the putty has completely hardened.
- Remove the Impression: Gently and slowly remove the impression tray from your teeth. Rinse the impression with room-temperature water, and pat it dry.
Additionally, you can use the picture on the left as a visual reference to help you follow these instructions accurately.
If you have any questions or concerns during the process, please don't hesitate to contact our support team for assistance by clicking the right down corner chatting button.
How do I pick the right size impression tray for myself?
Selecting the correct impression tray is a crucial step in the process of taking your own dental impression. Each kit provides you with two large, two medium, and two small trays for your convenience. To determine the most suitable tray for your needs, follow these guidelines:
- Ensure Full Coverage: Place both trays in your mouth before mixing the putty. Verify that the selected tray is long enough to cover all your molars. Adequate coverage of your molars is essential, as an incomplete impression may limit the effectiveness of your night guard. The guard can only extend as far back as the impression allows.
- Maintain Adequate Space: While testing the fit, make sure your teeth do not come into contact with the side walls of the impression tray. There should be a noticeable gap between your teeth and the tray's sides on both sides. If you find that your teeth touch any of the tray's side walls, it's advisable to opt for a larger tray size.
By adhering to these guidelines and selecting the appropriately sized tray, you will ensure a precise and comprehensive impression, leading to the creation of a well-fitted custom night guard that effectively safeguards your teeth during nighttime grinding.
Does Kiry save my impression for future orders?
Absolutely! At Kiry, we securely store your impressions indefinitely if you are our Kiry Membership. This means you won't need to provide a new impression for future orders. Plus, we offer exclusive discounts for these orders. For just $55, you can easily get 2 new replacements. Unlock even greater savings by becoming a Kiry member! Subscribe today and start enjoying exclusive discounts and benefits.
When will I get my guard?
We guarantee that you will receive your custom night guards within 10 weekdays if you promptly send back your completed impression to us. Upon receiving your impression, we ensure a swift turnaround, and you can expect to have your custom night guards in your hands within 3-4 weekdays.
Still have question?
Don't hesitate to click the chat button in the bottom right corner to contact us directly. Our team is here to help and provide you with the information you need.